Cheesy Tostadas with Green Pepper Stir Fry


Happy late Valentine's Day!  It hasn't been a big deal for me since I was a young girl with crushes on classmates (now I'm just a slightly older girl with crushes on other mates ;)  But it is a good excuse for hearts.

Cheesy tortillas + __________ is often a staple for any meal I make, either for myself or for Will and I.  He can choose if he wants to make a burrito or keep it separate, which, depending on the yummy factor of the cheese I use is sometimes the better option :)

I like this option because it can be super  simple, like pizza.  A few ingredients can go a long way.  I turn the oven on to 250 and grate cheese onto tortillas, tossing them on a baking sheet, and cooking ‘til they reach my preferred crispness.

This stir fry was mostly brown rice with green peppers and onions.  I usually mix rice with oil or butter, and a small amount of soy sauce and garlic.  Sometimes I have other random things lying around....leftover sauces from restaurants or whatnot.  I like to toss in ground flaxseed too, for a rustic look and heartier taste.  

Cheesy Tostadas with Green Pepper Stir Fry

Approximate price: $4

No comments:

Post a Comment